PNBHS NEWS

Deputy Head Prefect Welcome

Picture of Ella Mitchell
Deputy Head Prefect Welcome
by Ella Mitchell - Friday, 3 February 2017, 11:03 AM

Hi, my name is Greg Shaw and I am the Deputy Head Prefect of Palmerston North Boys' High School for 2017.

I am positive about what lies ahead this year. I look forward to working alongside Patrick Takurua as well as the rest of the 2017 Prefect Group. I feel I actively model our school values of courage, respect, pride, humility, industry and integrity and can encourage those around me to do the same. I still vividly remember my first day as a Year 9 student and can honestly say it was a privilege to help guide the 2017 Year 9 group as I know of the adversity they face in their first two weeks at PNBHS.

In my 4 years at PNBHS I have been actively involved in many co-curricular activities including 2nd XV Rugby and Senior A Golf (Super Eight Champions in 2014 and 2016). These are likely described as my main two sports but I have also been involved in Indoor Cricket, Social Basketball, Rugby Sevens (2014 National Condors runner-up), the Barrowclough Programme and the Student Forum.

During 2017 I would like to build on Palmerston North Boys' High School’s Leadership Programme (the Barrowclough Programme) by encouraging all students to destroy Mediocrity and Pursue Excellence, a lesson we are all taught during our first weeks at PNBHS. I think it is important for all students to set goals for the year and through the Year 13 Mentor Programme, I hope to inspire and encourage those students in my Mentor Class to engage in all areas of school life and get involved. I look forward to all the challenges this year will bring.