Gateway General Resources
Polytechnics & Other Tertiary
Student Loans & Allowances
University & Hostel Applications
1) Select the Unit you wish to study
2) Request a Learners Guide from Mr Adams (Careers Adviser)
3) Undertake your own study using the Learners Guide and any other resources provided.
4) There will be drop-in help sessions available if you need help. - currently Wednesday lunchtime and Wednesday after-school
5) When you have completed the Learner's Guide, bring it to Mr Adams and he will schedule an assessment time either during study, lunchtime or afterschool
If successful you will be credited with the Unit Standard and Credits. You may have a re-assessment opportunity if it is warranted.
You may only be working on one Unit Standard at any given time
Unit Standards - Currently Available:
4251 Plan a career pathway (level 3 Credits 2)
4252 Produce a personal targeted CV (curriculum vitae) (Level 2 Credits 2)
4253 Demonstrate knowledge of job search skills (Level 2 Credits 3)
4261 Identify legal rights and obligations in relation to registering and operating a private motor vehicle (Level 2 Credits 3)
7117 Produce a plan to enhance own learning (level 2 Credits 2)
10781 Produce a plan for own future direction (Level 2 Credits 3)
12349 Demonstrate knowledge of time management (Level 2 Credits 3)
12354 Describe legal implications of living in rented accommodation & means to prevent or resolve related problems (Level 2 Credits 4).
Refer to the Drivers Licence Section of Stratus/Careers for more information about the credits for your licence.
29363 Drive a vehicle within the conditions of a Class 1 New Zealand full driver licence (Level 2 Credits 2)
29364 Drive a vehicle within the conditions of a Class 1 New Zealand restricted driver licence (Level 2 Credits 4)
29365 Drive a vehicle within the conditions of a Class 1 New Zealand full driver licence (Level 2 Credits 2)
Available as a Careers Workshops - see Mr Adams - for timing:
28093 Describe the future financial responsibilities of utilising tertiary study funding options (level 2 Credits 3)
Essential Job Finding Skills