Contemporary Music is largely student driven and supported by staff and external facilitators. “School of Rock” creates a student network of musicians who organise jam sessions for fun and form groups with the view to competing in Smokefree Rockquest and for school/ community performances.
- Tutorials and workshops by professional musicians provide learning opportunities on a range of topics including: instrument maintenance, FX pedals, microphone use, stagecraft and song writing, business and industry skills.
- Peer and staff mentoring is central to developing confidence and skills in styles from acoustic singer/ songwriter to hardcore.
- Regular open mic’ lunchtimes provide opportunities to perform originals and covers.
- A short [4 week] course in audio engineering develops live mixing skills
- In 2016 we hope to reintroduce DJ Club to develop turntable and sampling and production skills. Hopefully this will commence in Term Three
SCHOOL OF ROCK REGISTRATION. FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.
Our aim in THE SCHOOL OF ROCK is to create a number of bands for Rockquest and just to encourage guys to make beautiful noise together.The registration form provides information about you so that we can create a network of performers. You may contact other students directly through their email to organise jam sessions. We will have a range of tutorials at lunchtimes. Please indicate the ones that you would be interested in. Follow the link below to complete the form.