PNBHS NEWS

Caleb Martin – SVA Service Award

Imagen de Gerard Atkin
de Gerard Atkin - Friday, 27 de September de 2019, 14:55

"Being at Palmy Boys there have been a number of opportunities for me to volunteer. This included the year 9 beach clean-up and selling raffle tickets, which are services to the school and community that we all do. I also participated in Relay for Life, 40hr Famine and was a volunteer at the Sir Gordon Tietjens Sevens tournament for a number of years which are all fun group events. Volunteer work can also include sports duties which were volleyball and tennis umpiring for me and helping out at the year 9 athletics talent day. I was also a mentor, part of the World Vision committee, open night volunteer and helped out at the red cross book sale. This is the volunteer work I completed at my time at Boys' High, but there are also many more opportunities on offer to help out the community. Volunteering shouldn't be seen as unpaid work but as an opportunity to give back and help others whilst having fun with your peers as volunteer work is often a group activity."

If you are yet to register for the SVA Service Award we encourage you to do so https://service.sva.org.nz/ Once you have registered your profile you can begin to log all of the service activities you have been involved with to date.