PNBHS NEWS

Deputy Head Prefect 2020

Picture of Ella Mitchell
Deputy Head Prefect 2020
by Ella Mitchell - Monday, 3 February 2020, 10:16 AM

Welcome from our Deputy Head Prefect 2020 - Ciaran Carroll:

It’s an absolute honour to have been offered the role of Deputy Head Prefect for 2020. In Year 9, I never would have imagined myself filling these shoes and am thoroughly looking forward to working alongside Elyjah and the rest of the Prefect group to represent and lead the school. Upholding the high calibre of student leaders that have walked the roads before us is a lofty challenge, but one I know we all will relish and ultimately strengthen us both individually and as a collective.

Most staff and students will primarily recognise me for my profound involvement with the Music Department, which is after all, my greatest passion. Having been the trumpet section leader for the now continentally reputable stage band since 2017 as well as dabbling in singing with the OK Chorale last year, I am proud to be able to say I know what it’s like to maintain a high level of performance, as well as having minor leadership positions within these activities. Extrapolating this experience I have within these groups to the wider school community will no doubt assist me in my pursuit to be a successful leader and role model to my fellow students.

One of the things I’ve learned in my time at school is exactly what is stated in the school motto: Nihil Boni Sine Labore. For me personally, and I’m sure the vast majority of students, high school was the first time I needed to buckle down and put the work in to accomplish things. No matter whether it be in the classroom, on the training ground or in the practise room, nothing is achieved without hard work. This, as well as the six core school values has been instrumental to the successes I’m lucky enough to be able to recount over the last few years, which have spread to regional and national

This school has given me so much more than education. It’s given me opportunities, life skills and most importantly friends, many of which are staff as well as students. 2020 will be my busiest year yet, but also the most profitable for my development as an individual. I’m greatly looking forward to serving as your deputy head prefect for the year, kia kaha.