Contemporary Music is largely student driven and supported by staff and external facilitators especially from Creative Sounds [The Stomach].
“School of Rock” creates a student network of musicians who organise jam sessions for fun and form groups with the view to competing in Smokefree Rockquest and for school/ community performances.
- Tutorials and workshops by professional musicians provide learning opportunities on a range of topics including: instrument maintenance, FX pedals, microphone use, stagecraft, song writing, business and industry skills.
- Peer and staff mentoring is central to developing confidence and skills in styles from acoustic singer/ songwriter to electrronica and metal.
- Regular open mic’ lunchtimes provide opportunities to perform originals and covers.
- Courses in audio engineering provided by Creative Sounds and BHS staff develop live mixing and recording skills
- In term two we will reintroduce DJ Club to develop turntable, sampling and production skills.
SCHOOL OF ROCK REGISTRATION. FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.
Our aim in THE SCHOOL OF ROCK is to encourage guys to make beautiful noise together and to create a number of bands for Rockquest. The registration form provides information about you so that we can form a network of musicians that students may contact other directly through their email to organise jam sessions. We will have a range of tutorials at lunchtimes. Please indicate the ones that you would be interested in. Follow the link below to complete the form.