13-20 SEPTEMBER 2019
Friday 13th – Friday 20th – All Year 11, 12 and Year 13 students on examination leave.
- Students in 10DC and 10MS will have examination leave from Friday, 13 September until Tuesday, 17 September. They will return for morning classes on Wednesday, 18 September.
· 8.45 – 8:55 am Roll Call for all Years 9 and 10 form classes before assembly each day.
· 8.50am Examination students report for morning examinations.
· 9.00 am Assembly for Years 9 and 10 in the New Gym.
· 9.00 – 12.00pm Morning Examinations
· 9.00 – 10.00am Period 1 for Year 9 and 10
· 10.00 – 10.50am Period 2 for Year 9 and 10
· 10.50 – 11.10am Interval
· 11.10 – 12.00pm Period 3 for Year 9 and 10
· 12.00 – 1.00pm Lunch (A warning bell will ring at 12:50pm)
· 1.00 – 4.00pm Afternoon Examinations
· 1.00 – 2.20pm Period 4 (SSR for 20 min) for Year 9 and 10
· 2.20 – 3.20pm Period 5 for Year 9 and 10
Note: 1. Some room changes will need to occur because of examinations.
· Check the dates on your examination timetable carefully.
· Examinations are three hours, unless otherwise stated. For students sitting only 1 standard, their examination is 1 ½ hours long.
· The examination timetable is posted on Stratus. The Hall is the main examination centre, most exams will be sat in the Hall. As well as the Hall, the Old Gym (GYM) and H Block will be used. Technology exams are in T & C Block, Art exams are in F Block, some Science exams are in C Block. Electronics is in E13 and C Block. Note: many of the Technology and Art ‘exams’ are supervised work sessions.
· Exam clashes will be dealt with and covered in the exam timetable. Students should attend the timetabled exam and meet their respective Dean at student support on the day they sit their clash. Students with clashes need to see their Dean the week before, as soon as they have their timetable.
· If you have an exam in the Hall or Old Gym, get there 15 minutes before the exam starts.
· Make sure you have noted the correct examination times and rooms, and that you have checked for clashes.
· Correct school uniform must be worn to the examinations.
· Only water, in a small clear bottle, may be consumed during an examination. Note: water is not allowed in workshops. No food is to be eaten in any room. Diabetic students should see Mr Pinder to get an exiat stating they have permission to snack if they need to for medical purposes.
· Calculators may only be taken into examination rooms for subjects where you have used a calculator during the year. You cannot keep notes or routines in the memory of calculators.
· Supervision for students who have lost study leave will be available on Friday 13th, Monday 16th September in Room P1. Ensure you meet this obligation.
· If you wish to remain at school to study you will need to report to the Library. This area will be supervised by staff. If necessary, other study rooms will be allocated.
· As several subjects may be examined in one venue please listen carefully to the instructions regarding entry/exit into and out of the Hall & Old gym.
· Rolls will be checked at the commencement of each examination. The school needs to be advised promptly of any non-attendance at an examination. Contact will be made with parents if there are any unexplained absences from examinations. Check your timetables each morning.
· A note/medical certificate of explanation is required for any non-attendance. Absences will be followed up.
· All students will sit examinations in all subjects. If there is any reason why timetabled examination commitments cannot be met please see Mr Pinder ASAP.
Check Stratus for all exam updates and general student notices.