PNBHS NEWS

Year 13

Picture of Gerard Atkin
Year 13
by Gerard Atkin - Sunday, 12 February 2023, 2:26 PM

Dear Parents/Guardians,

Re: Year 13 Mountain Trip Update

I am sure that many of you have been watching the updates of the arrival of Cyclone Gabrielle and the associated severe weather warnings for the North Island.  Unfortunately, these warnings include the central North Island.  Given this information the decision has been made to postpone the start of the Year 13 Mountain Trip.  The decision has also been made to cancel the Crest-to-Crest Challenge.

This means that young men are expected at school tomorrow as usual for their timetabled classes. 

Tomorrow we will have the opportunity to check updated weather information so an informed decision can be made about whether the camp can safely depart on Tuesday morning, or it needs to be cancelled.  After the disruptions of the last few years, we are hoping to be able to get back to ‘normal’ in 2023.  However, student and staff safety is always the primary consideration in our decision making.

We will email you tomorrow with updated information.

I appreciate that this news will be disappointing as the Mountain Trip is a real highlight of the school calendar.  However, I do hope that you and your son can understand the circumstances under which this decision has been made.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Yours faithfully,

D M Bovey

RECTOR