PNBHS NEWS

Te Araroa Trail Update

Picture of Gerry Atkin
Te Araroa Trail Update
by Gerry Atkin - Tuesday, 10 April 2018, 7:10 AM

From Mrs Wenham: "This morning after The 5:30 am team left the rest of us packed up from Kings School and headed to Downtown Auckland. The boys had one hour to gather up donations before I headed to visit Ronald McDonald House with the team from Northland who headed back to Palmerston North today, while the new boys with fresh legs headed south to meet up with the earlier risers and continue the Trail to Hamilton.  Ronald McDonald House staff were really pleased to see us and showed us right through their wonderful house, it was really good for the boys to see what it was we are fundraising for. We were all really impressed and no doubt brought back a few memories for the 3 of us who had had experience of staying at the home while having treatment at Starship. From here we headed home. I had a bus full of very tired young men. This group had given their all on the roads and trails from Cape Reinga to Auckland, we as staff are really proud of them all. We had numerous comments about their politeness and perfect manners, we were proud to be associated with them. Well done boys. By the time I got to Te Kuiti all but one were sound asleep… On the Auckland Motorway we spotted a McFall Fuel Tanker reminding us how awesome it was to have them on board as our Fuel Sponsor for this Challenge. Group 2 completed a big tiring day to Narrows Park in Hamilton for the night. Mr Barwick completing a marathon today 42 km !! He is a machine. It is great to have a team of fresh legs and Mr Johnson and Mr Brokenshire on board for the next few days. Well done boys - our total fundraising effort has now risen to $16,000!! Fantastic!!!"