PNBHS NEWS

Camden Woodroofe

Picture of Gerard Atkin
Camden Woodroofe
by Gerard Atkin - Monday, 16 November 2020, 10:55 AM

Congratulations to Year 9 student Camden Woodroofe, who has been selected as an Associate of the New Zealand School of Dance. The New Zealand School of Dance Associates programme identifies ballet and contemporary dance students who have the talent for a career in dance performance. 

Through this Associateship Camden is involved in training weekends each term, each requiring a grueling 18 hours of dance tuition. In order to qualify Camden completed an audition for either a contemporary dance or ballet major and chose ballet. 2020 is Camden’s second year in the programme. Successful completion of a third-year would put him in a position where he would be invited to audition to study as a student at the New Zealand School of Dance. 

Camden has been dancing since he was five and began to focus on ballet three years ago when he moved to Dance Works studio. He is very passionate about dance in general and explained that ballet is “something different. I enjoy trying new things and pushing myself as far as I can.” We wish him all the best as he continues on this journey.